In 2011 I decided to make a major life change and, having achieved all I could in a demanding and fulfilling nursing career in the NHS, I formally trained as a life coach. I had previously been ‘coaching’ members of my team on a regular basis as a critical care specialist, educator and manager for over 20 years.
During the last 6 years I have successfully completed studies in psychology, neurolinguistics and, most recently, a diploma in life coaching. And now I have set up my own coaching practice – Just Start Talking.
My earlier training includes qualifications in general, specialist Intensive and critical care care nursing and teaching, and a Masters degree in Management.
Coaching in Practice
My clients frequently benefit from around 12 sessions run weekly over a 3 month period. Our first and final sessions are face to face and coaching in between can be via Skype or FaceTime. Some clients come for just a few sessions whilst others may continue with coaching for 6-9 months depending on their individual needs.
During our first session we look in more depth at how coaching will work for you because I understand that you may feel you are stepping into the unknown and the experience may seem alien and slightly daunting. I will need to gather some general information about you, including your current situation and any areas of immediate concern you may have. Then we decide how we work together for future sessions and we ‘just start talking’.
- Registered General Nurse (The Royal London Hospital)
- Adult Intensive Care Course (St Thomas’ Hospital).
- City and Guilds Training and Assessment (City and Guilds)
- Teaching and Assessing in Clinical Practice (The English National Board)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management Studies (Distinction). (Christchurch Canterbury)
- Master of Arts Degree in Management Studies (Christchurch Canterbury)
- Advanced Patient Assessment (Buckinghamshire New University)
- University Certificate in Psychology (Distinction) (University of Derby)
- Licensed Practitioner of NLP (R Bandler, London)
- Accredited member of the Society of NLP
- Diploma in Life Coaching (Distinction) (Centre of Excellence)
- Accredited member of the International Alliance of Holistic Therapists