In 2011 following a demanding and fulfilling nursing career in the NHS, I formally trained as a life coach. I had previously been coaching patients with acute and chronic health conditions in both critical care and primary care – as a critical care specialist, educator and manager for 25 years.
Over the last 6 years I have successfully completed studies in psychology, neuro linguistic programming (NLP) and life coaching. And now I have set up my own health coaching practice – Just Start Talking.
My earlier training includes qualifications in general, specialist Intensive and critical care care nursing and a Masters degree in Management.
Coaching in Practice
My clients frequently benefit from around 12 sessions run weekly over a 3 month period. Our coaching sessions are currently via Zoom, Skype or FaceTime. Some clients come for just a few sessions whilst others may continue with coaching for 6-9 months depending on their individual needs.
During our first session we look in more depth at how coaching will work for you because I understand that you may feel you are stepping into the unknown and the experience may seem alien and slightly daunting. I will need to gather some general information about you, your current health and well-being and any areas of immediate concern you may have. Then we decide how we work together for future sessions and we ‘just start talking’.
- Registered General Nurse Training
- Adult Intensive Care Training.
- City and Guilds Training and Assessment.
- Teaching and Assessing in Clinical Practice.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management Studies (Distinction).
- Master of Arts Degree in Management Studies.
- Health Assessment.
- Certificate in Psychology (Distinction)
- Licensed Practitioner of NLP.
- Diploma in Life Coaching (Distinction).