In 2011 I decided to move on from my demanding and fulfilling nursing career in the NHS. I had become more and more aware that a big part of my job had become ‘coaching’ my patients and staff through their life difficulties (relationship, career and physical and mental heath issues) so I decided to train as a Life Coach.
Over the last 12 years I have successfully completed studies in psychology, neuro-linguistic programming (NLP), life coaching and more recently, and most excitingly, executive function skills coaching.
So I took those new skills, combined them with everything I had learned in my previous career and set up Just Start Talking to help adults and children overcome their difficulties.
Coaching in Practice
Coaching sessions are currently via Zoom although I offer face to face to children. Some clients come for just a few sessions whilst others may continue with coaching for a year or more depending on individual needs.
During our first session we look in more depth at how coaching will work because I understand that you may feel you are stepping into the unknown and the experience may seem alien and slightly daunting. I will need to gather some general information about you and your current health plus areas of immediate concern that have brought you here. We then decide how we work together and we ‘just start talking’.
- Registered General Nurse Training
- Adult Intensive Care Training.
- City and Guilds Training and Assessment.
- Teaching and Assessing in Clinical Practice.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management Studies (Distinction).
- Master of Arts Degree in Management Studies.
- Health Assessment.
- Certificate in Psychology (Distinction)
- Licensed Practitioner of NLP.
- Diploma in Life Coaching (Distinction).
- Executive Function Skills Coaching.